Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about our program, course offerings, pricing, or general inquiries? Schedule a call with us if the answers below don’t answer what you need.
About Product Gym
Product Gym was founded by recruiting and product management experts with over 10+ years of experience. We have running cohort classes, officially since April 2018. Prior to April, Product Gym was a private, 1-on-1 career coaching service for roughly 1 year.
Our call consultation is free and we will be reviewing your resume and professional background to ensure that you are the right fit for our program and community. While we have had success placing many candidates, we must ensure every member admitted is serious about our program.
You will learn how to brand yourself as a Product Manager, optimize your resume, LinkedIn and cover letter for recruiters, prepare and answer first, second, onsite, and final round interview questions, and how to work with external recruiters. Additionally, you will learn product management fundamentals, including prioritizing competing product features, evaluating business success across teams and product metrics and marketing. Attend our sneak-peak event here.
Everyone’s situation is different, but never fear – we’ve helped hundreds of people from various different backgrounds including:
And others. If you feel unsure, please share your views with us on your call.
Product Gym prides itself in specializing in ramping up on interviews for experienced PMs, as well as in-network first time/veteran PMs. Ask anybody on our Success Page and they will tell you exactly how precise and direct we were throughout their PM transition and provide honest feedback. In case that’s not enough, here are three reasons:
- Interviewing is inefficient. We’ve got a system designed to supercharge your interviewing game by ramping up on interviews, getting more offers (faster and more efficiently), coaching + intensive interviewing + skills classes, and an accountability system that prides itself on transparency and community activity.
- Our network of PMs, whether or not they’ve gotten offers or been placed, are in every single sector of the United States in every technology industry and company type imaginable, from top FAANG-level companies to the hottest startups. Only our members get access to this massive (and hyper, fast growing) network of PMs in the US – and soon to be around the world. We have analyzed thousands of interviews every quarter and possess hundreds of case studies, technical questions, and more. There are no other PM membership or bootcamps that offer this depth of service.
- We work with you until you land multiple offers. Our already-experienced PMs are able to garner faster results; that’s just how the PM job market works. If you don’t like the job you end up taking, we’ll put you back on the program free of charge along with your lifetime membership.
Our unique approach to hiring for product management positions is designed to to do three things:
- Prepare newcomers or veterans with real-time, relevant knowledge in product management.
- Ramp up on interviews in several weeks’ time.
- Work with you to navigate the product management hiring landscape to garner multiple offers.
Professionals with at least 2+ years of relevant working experience who are looking to make a career transition are welcome to apply. The first step is to schedule an initial consultation with one of our Program Coordinators. If you’re a fit for our community, we may schedule a second consultation with one of the Co-Founders to finalize the process and answer your questions.
Glassdoor.com’s average salary of a product manager at $111,213/yr. This amount will vary depending on location.